Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Summit: October 22, 2010 to July 15, 2013

What a difference two and one-half years make


In under 60 days our contingent will start down I77 from Summit County Ohio to The Summit Bechtel Reserve. We will move from the shadows of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park to the edge of the New River Gorge National Park; from our current home in Akron, OH to Steve's boyhood home in Mount Hope WV.

Join us there at the 2013 National Jamboree.

I signed in and let my heritage be known.
The sun and colors and excitement of that day will remain with me forever.
I met Jack Furst and he told me how important Mount Hope Mayor Michael Martin, my first SPL in Troop 91, had been to getting to October 22, 2010
Something shiny.  Wonder if they got to keep these or are they in a case at the National Scouting museum?
Governor Manchin, Steve McGowan, Jack Furst, Bob Mazucca, the Adj General and more in the ground breaking party.
As a boy growing up in Mount Hope, it thrills me that The SBR as we now know it calls Mount Hope home too.  My Scoutmaster Mr. Joe Bragg would be so proud.
More about Mount Hope and my Scoutmaster Joe Bragg -- click here

Here are more pictures of that ground breaking day:


See you at the Summit
Steve (Toop B326) and Kimberly (Foxtrot Venturing Commissioner staff)

No comments:

Post a Comment