Monday, June 18, 2012

JOGR Ultralight Backpacking Stove

Seriously, I was just looking at backpacking equipment and I see this stove (see the JOGR advertisement at the left).  I could not pass it by and another item falls to our Amazon one-click ordering.  We are huge fans of the Jet Boil cooking system, but little stove might be just the thing for a backup or primary stove.  After all we cannot fry good eggs on a Jet Boil. Now we need to look for cooking gear...

Review of the JOGR UL stove:

It arrived in a surprisingly small package and you can watch the unboxing below. It is truly small and seems fairly well built.  I like its compact size and that it includes a piezo lighter build in. It weighed in at 3.4 oz by itself and 4.0 oz in the plastic orange protective box.  It holds a pot fairly stable (I used a Snow Peak 600 titanium).  I don't think you can beat this stove for the money, buy two and have a back up.  The stove can be regulated to a low flame and as such beats the Jet Boil for anything except for boiling water. The story in pictures.  If you get one let us know how you like it.
**

No comments:

Post a Comment